How to Get More Web Site Traffic Using Keywords
© AffiliateSeeking - This article is not allowed to be re-published but can be linked to.
If you own a web site, one of the first things you need to know about is Search Engine Optimization or SEO. Search engines like Google and Yahoo are what people use to find information online. If your web site does not show up in their search results, no one will find you. Thus it is important to optimize your web pages for them. Indeed, a top Google page ranking is the dream of just about all webmasters and Internet entrepreneurs.
But how can you stand out when there could be so many sites out there like yours?
Here are some tips for getting more traffic to your site:
- Make proper use of keywords and HTML coding. Use the meta tags "keywords," "title" and "description" wisely. Mix both general and specific terms. As much as possible, emphasize whatever unique products or services your site has to offer. Don't pile up keywords mindlessly. You're advertising, not spamming.
- Don't forget the title! The page title is the very first thing your potential visitors will see so make it look good. Use sensible keyword titles that REALLY describe a page. Do not use either ALL CAPS or lowercase letters. Use title case only, for example: "Webmaster-Tools.
Site: How to Get More Hits for Your Web Site." Be specific. Make it clear what the page contains.
- Use heading tags <h1></h1> and so on.
- Always enter descriptive names for your images, links, etc. "18th Century Terra Cotta Army Bronze Statues" would get more attention than "image0003.jpg."
- Avoid terms that are not really used in the page. For example, if you have an article on "Tuscan fish recipes", do not add "spaghetti recipes" or "Italian wine making" just to get more hits. It is annoying for a visitor who goes to your site thinking they have found the information they need, only to find it's just a pile of keywords at the bottom of the page. They will leave and probably not come back.
- Find something specific or unique to talk about. If your web site deals with a popular topic, chances are you have hundreds or thousands of rival sites offering the same things as you. So think of something unique, do some research and come up with articles that few or no one else has.
For example, if yours is a fan site of a famous writer, don't settle with just the usual biographical data and list of works with links. Try including a critique, little-known trivia, rare photos and so on. Your article will then have a bunch of unique keywords combined with the popular keywords (e.g. name of the writer celebrity) for better page ranking. Then you will get hits from people who are actually hunting for SPECIFIC info.
Best of all, people will stay longer in your site and come back knowing there is info there they cannot find elsewhere!
With proper content and the right keywords, you increase your chances for getting a top site ranking. We are sure that following these steps will help you toward your goal. Good luck!
|If you want to use this article on your website, in your newsletter or anywhere else on the Internet, then you can only link to the article and not re-publish it. If you wish to link to the article, here is the html linking code:|
|<a href="http://www.affiliateseeking.com/ashow/97.html">How to Get More Web Site Traffic Using Keywords</a>||