6 Steps in Ecommerce Development
© AffiliateSeeking - This article is not allowed to be re-published but can be linked to.
Whether your business is small or big, ecommerce has a lot offer you. More and more offline businesses are making web site to further promote themselves. And customers expect them too. In fact, one of the first things people look for when they see an ad is a web site or e-mail address.
An ecommerce site gives your business several advantages:
- It reaches more people
- It makes information more accessible
- It makes order and payment processing faster and easier
But ecommerce development requires careful and thoughtful planning. Here is an overview of what you need to know to get started.
STEPS IN ECOMMERCE DEVELOPMENT
1. DOMAIN NAME. Register a good domain name that is easy to read and memorize. You may or may not use a hyphen for two-word domains. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. If possible, register them both. Look for expired domains before getting a new one. Search engines consider old domains more reliable than new ones.
2. WEB SITE. Second in ecommerce development is making a business web site. Your site must have a clear description of your business (including history and achievements), complete product listings and descriptions, contact pages, testimonials, news and press releases, and information pages like a FAQ and a site map. The web site must be simple yet attractive.
3.WEB HOST. Make sure you choose a web host that is stable and reliable. Does it guarantee 24 hour uptime? Is tech support always available? What security options does it have? Bandwidth? Disk space? Ecommerce development is not the same as personal web site maintenance. Your demands are higher and more urgent. So keep that in mind when choosing.
4. SECURITY. Get authenticated SSL certificates and use secure data encryption for your order pages. SSL isn't understood by customers but they'll trust you more if they see it.
5. PAYMENT METHODS. How do you plan to accept payment? Credit card? Wire transfer? PayPal? Western Union? Credit card is a favorite in ecommerce development, and so is PayPal. But don't limit the customer's options. Be ready to provide alternatives for those who can't use these payment methods.
6. PROMOTION. This is where SEO or search engine optimization comes in. The sure-footed way to get to the top is to get other great web sites to link to you. If not, you can buy keywords from search engines. When those keywords are searched, your site will appear at the top. (In Google this is the site that appears with a blue background at the top of the list.) You should also get some SEO software.
As you can see, ecommerce development is relatively more complicated than personal web site development. Plan carefully before jumping in, research and see what others have done. See the other articles on our web site for more information.
|If you want to use this article on your website, in your newsletter or anywhere else on the Internet, then you can only link to the article and not re-publish it. If you wish to link to the article, here is the html linking code:|
|<a href="http://www.affiliateseeking.com/ashow/237.html">6 Steps in Ecommerce Development</a>||