Top Ten Successful Ecommerce Tips
© AffiliateSeeking - This article is not allowed to be re-published but can be linked to.
Ecommerce is the buying and selling of goods over the Internet. You may already have an offline store and wish to take advantage of the Internet's capabilities to raise your profits. Or you may be a total beginner to commerce who now wants to make money via an online storefront. In either case, there is a lot of promise in store for you (no pun intended) since the Web is rapidly turning into one of the primary sources of consumer information.
Here are ten of the most valuable ecommerce marketing tips we have found:
TOP TEN ECOMMERCE MARKETING TIPS:
(in no particular order)
1. BE FOCUSED. Your web site has just one goal: SELL YOUR PRODUCT(S) TO YOUR VISITORS. Everything about your site must lead you toward that goal. Every article, graphic, keywords, title, meta tags, product descriptions, must aim toward persuading your customers to buy your product(s) and more.
2. BE CUSTOMER-ORIENTED. The way you treat your customers (or potential customers) can make or break your ecommerce business. Have someone answer them promptly and competently. Be as informative and helpful as possible. This will help you get new customers and keep old ones loyal.
3. CHOOSE A DOMAIN THAT MAKES SENSE. Your domain, even more than the title tags on your page, tell people what your site is about. Don't pick a fancy name that tells them nothing. A name like "NiceWindingSmoke" for a cigarette site won't do. Look for an expired domain with a dot com ending that you can use.
4. MAKE YOUR WEB SITE FRIENDLY TO ALL. Be a friend to everyone. After all, you want their money, right? Be nice to your clients, disabled persons and search engines. Make your site friendly to all browsers, operating systems and mobile phones, and accept various payment methods. Don't' get stuck with PayPal or credit card.
5. SPEAK THE LANGUAGE. If your web statistics tell you that a lot of your visitors are from foreign countries and regions/states where there are sizable ethnic groups, consider translating your pages into their native languages. Don't use Babelfish though. Get a pro to do it.
6. SELL WHAT YOU KNOW WORKS. Don't ever put your reputation at risk with a lousy product or one you haven't tried. If you can't even sell your product to yourself, how can you expect others to buy it?
7. SEO, SEO, SEO. Needs no elaboration.
8. DON'T MAKE YOUR WEB SITE SUCK. Flash has got to be the king of over-hype and uselessness. But Flash isn't the only thing that can make your site suck. Using default web design templates is another. So is not using thumbnail pics. Read about good web design. And don't get just any pro web designer to do the job for you. We've seen some horrible slow-loading web sites designed by supposed professionals.
9. PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTING. Design your site in a way that your product is put upfront, NOT you. Who cares about NiceWindingSmoke.Com? We want the Cuban cigars! If you have an affiliate program, have your affiliate link to your product, not your home page.
10. BRAG ABOUT REVIEWS. Of course you'll say your product is great?you're selling it! Instead, let others do the talking for you. Post reviews about your web site, store or product on your site. Have satisfied customers post their feedback to your site.
|If you want to use this article on your website, in your newsletter or anywhere else on the Internet, then you can only link to the article and not re-publish it. If you wish to link to the article, here is the html linking code:|
|<a href="http://www.affiliateseeking.com/ashow/214.html">Top Ten Successful Ecommerce Tips</a>||