» Sales
» Web Designing
» Webmasters
» SEO & Promotion
» Working At Home
» Other Articles
» Affiliate Glossary

Go Back   AffiliateSeeking Forum > Marketing > Search Engines & SEO

Search Engines & SEO General search engines and search engine optimization discussion.

Old 02-11-2012, 06:47 AM

jirongzhi is on a distinguished road
Default I want to know that no-follow link have any importance?

I have read on many seo training site that no-follow link have not any importance then why we waste our time to get no-follow links.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-13-2012, 01:33 PM

pappukumar is on a distinguished road
Hi,
No-follow link if comes from high pr site that can be add value as traffic source.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-13-2012, 02:12 PM

webprogrammer is on a distinguished road
NoFollow Links STILL help improve search rankings, PageRank, and the amount of traffic for the website.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:26 PM

dianna is on a distinguished road
google also considered the no follow links for ranking
Old 02-14-2012, 07:12 AM

Tessaalfred is on a distinguished road
No-follow links are still useful for getting traffic. You can also gain some credibility by no-follow links from authority websites. Its always better to have both type of no-follow and do-follow backlinks.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:42 AM

seoshub is on a distinguished road
Importance of no follow links are

reduces spam
help you to get high traffic to your website
yahoo supports no follow
ranking in other search engines except google.
gives lot of hits.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:42 AM

Jashandeep is on a distinguished road
If they are with the High PR then good for traffic purpose.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:25 AM

Smohil is on a distinguished road
No follow links are for traffic purpose as well shows ethical seo done by you
Old 02-14-2012, 11:32 AM

amitmax is on a distinguished road
No follow links can be best sources to generate traffic.Also except Google other search engines count no follow backlinks so they can also help you to improve your search engine ranking on other SEs.Also combination of do follow and no follow backlinks makes your link building more natural.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:34 AM

C.Rebecca is on a distinguished road
‘nofollow is important since it saves you from spammers as well as gives you referral traffic which is equally important as SERP’s.

Nofollow is used,
-When you don’t want the Pagerank to flow to unimportant pages of your website (testimonials, contact pages etc.)
-When you don't want to take responsibility of any outgoing link on your website
-When they want to prevent PR sculpting to external links
-When you want to use paid links (Google considers paid links with nofollow as ethical)
Refer to this link which will give complete information about nofollow tag
http://support.google.com/webmasters...n&answer=96569
Old 02-15-2012, 08:42 AM

jesse is on a distinguished road
No follow links from the worthless website also usefulness for you. But you are getting the nofollow links from high quality website then sure you will get the benefit from it as a traffic.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:38 AM

JackiPhone is on a distinguished road
Default re

In college I worked for a conservative magazine called The Brown Spectator. While it was only a college magazine, I had a ton of fun working on it to practice SEO. My proudest moment was the day I discovered I was ranking number 1 for “Mitt Romney” in Google images—although it didn't last long because I screwed with it.

Because it was my experimental stomping grounds, the site is a bit of an SEO disaster (I say that so I don't get lectured when all of you start combing through the source), but I learned a lot as a result of working on the site. One of the funnest things I got to do was monitor traffic on the Spectator. Just a few days ago, as I was watching real time results in Woopra, I noticed a huge uptick in traffic to a post that gets almost no traffic entitled “The End of Dissent.” Why was it getting so much attention? The article, which was previously buried (having only 121 unique pageviews since it was posted months and months ago) got a nofollow link on a comment from a Pajama's Media Article. Over the next two days, the article nearly doubled it's total unique views.

After a few hours, I noticed that more links were pouring in to the same article from a different site. Sure enough, as a result of getting the nofollow link in an article that was highly targeted, the article was written about in a forum and given a dofollow link. After about a week, someone found the article again searching in Google. As a direct result of the one organic link the article received, the article itself, found its way to the top of the SERPS for some obscure set of keywords that very few people would actually use. It was blogged about on a site with some real authority. So, to make a long story short, a dofollow link directly resulted in two great organically generated links.

In the end, from my short-lived, but informative linkbuilding experiences, I've found that the most important bit of organic linkbuilding (especially for those sites that aren't regularly updating or don't have the resources or the ability to put viral content together) is getting relevant viewers to see relevant content. The reason the Pajama's Media link was so awesome was the way in which both articles related to one another; the Spectator's article informed the discussion surrounding the other article. I know I'm kind of preaching to the choir here, but we all know the importance of relevant viewers seeing our content. It's what keeps bounce rates low, and it's also what makes users come back. Needless to say, I'm sold on nofollows. That goes for building links on relevant articles like Wikipedia and even Twitter. My goal is to get interested eyeballs to interesting pages—nothing more nothing less.

I know that mine wasn't a great sample size, but to put it into context, of the people that came to the article as a direct or indirect result of the nofollow, ~1% made a comment on the article itself, and ~2% blogged about it (although I don't think that my data is universalizable)—actually, if you count this article, then the results were blogged about by 3% of the visitors. While I don't think that these numbers would hold on a site with more viewers, I think that they represent the way in which content ends up going viral. In the end, ALL IT TAKES IS ONE LINK, and it's follow status doesn't seem to make a difference.

Power by: seomoz.org/ugc/the-importance-of-nofollow-links
Old 02-15-2012, 10:02 AM

shanecool is on a distinguished road
Hi JackiPhone,

I really appreciate with your useful and informative post.

Thanks and Thanks for sharing...................
Old 02-15-2012, 01:59 PM

Flash Design is on a distinguished road
No follow link have a lot of importance. It help in increasing traffic, getting search engine ranking if the backlinks are from high quality sites.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:40 AM

saira is on a distinguished road
No-follow links only useful for the traffic to your site.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:40 AM

theseoguru is on a distinguished road
Default nofollow link reply

ya no follow link is important ..its index our data
Old 02-17-2012, 08:55 AM

johnsteve108 is on a distinguished road
Nofollow links can be best sources to generate traffic.Also except Google other look for engines depend Nofollow inbound links so they can also help you to improve your seo on other SEs.Also mixture of do follow and Nofollow inbound links makes your linking more natural.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:32 AM

bob770 is on a distinguished road
I measure No-Follow links just for getting traffic. It doesn't improve ur PR and all. Give more priority to Do-Follow rather than No-Follow.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:14 PM

jesicawillss is on a distinguished road
Nofollow links are also have an importance if it comes from high page rank and related sites for which you are working. It is also important to increase search engine ranking.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:10 AM

alex1900 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to alex1900
I think nofollow links do not pass PR and anchor text directly, but Google will record these Web site links, link popularity and site relevance should be passed on,