» Sales
» Web Designing
» Webmasters
» SEO & Promotion
» Working At Home
» Other Articles
» Affiliate Glossary

Go Back   AffiliateSeeking Forum > Business > Payment Processing

Payment Processing Need any advice on payment processing for your website or other needs. Discuss it here.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:50 PM

ashish1987 is on a distinguished road
Default Paypal Worries.

I was having a problem with my paypal account some time back and so i googled and found that there are more of paypal grievance forums than support forums. Personally i feel that we need something better than paypal and more than better, we need something more UNIVERSAL.

Can any of you suggest some other WIDELY accepted payment processing gateway and also tell me if you have had some evil paypal experience.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-07-2007, 09:35 PM

prospects123 is on a distinguished road
hmm what were the problems you were having with pay pal if I may ask,
a friend of mine had some problems with there customer service but finially got it cleared up.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-08-2007, 12:38 AM

exculiber is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish1987 View Post
I was having a problem with my paypal account some time back and so i googled and found that there are more of paypal grievance forums than support forums. Personally i feel that we need something better than paypal and more than better, we need something more UNIVERSAL.

Can any of you suggest some other WIDELY accepted payment processing gateway and also tell me if you have had some evil paypal experience.
For widely used payment options, the popular options include Moneybookers, Asianpay, and Alertpay. Egold coulu also be an option although it is in hot seat at the moment on the ground of money laundering.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:02 AM

ashish1987 is on a distinguished road
I feel that their customer service is worse than anyone else's.
They respond to emails real late and most of the responses are automated.
I have also heard that if you call them up they keep you on hold for about 45 minutes to an hour and still do not give you a solution to your problem.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:11 PM

Mirit Reif is on a distinguished road
Hi, there actually IS a Universal payment proccesing service for digital content it has just launched in September and it is called-OneTouch Online Purchasing™ . This service enables people to purchase any digital content (such as music, ring tones, games, video clips, wallpapers), from anywhere on the web, via their computer or their mobile handset, and charge it to an existing account at their phone company, mobile operator, bank or Internet service provider of their choice. With OneTouch there are NO country restrictions and NO forms to fill - it is very simple, secure and quick.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:14 PM

Alexis Ann is on a distinguished road
I've had an evil paypal experience. Someone made a charge back after I sent them the product they paid for. That was a personal thing, for business we use wire payments in the affiliate program I work for. No complaints or problems!
Old 10-16-2007, 05:28 PM

Mirit Reif is on a distinguished road
ok cool I would just like to mention that with OneTouch Online Purchasing™ there are NO chargeback fees!
Regarding the business you work for it might be a good idea to mention this payment service as it can be used as an alternative together with the wired payment you are already using.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:49 AM

affearner is on a distinguished road
Hi ashish! Have you tried MoneyBookers? It has the lowest charge, lower than PayPal. All you have to do is to get activated by confirming the resident address of both the receiver and the sender to get started with everything. Please try it out.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:20 PM

VccProvider is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish1987 View Post
I feel that their customer service is worse than anyone else's.
They respond to emails real late and most of the responses are automated.
I have also heard that if you call them up they keep you on hold for about 45 minutes to an hour and still do not give you a solution to your problem.
agree, paypal have the worst customer service ever.
Theres one time that i called up their customer service center for an issue of my account, i wait up nearly 30 min on the phone before a lady finally picked up, i describe i situation to her, then she transfer me to another department because i had called to a wrong department(which was not true), the second person picked up the phone, but hand up immediately. wtf..
Old 10-28-2010, 11:41 AM

James000 is on a distinguished road
All the content is very much informative , I would say that payment processing itself means that , payment should be in context to any of the transactions.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:37 AM

abbie5 is on a distinguished road
I have been using paypal's services for quite some time now and so far I haven;t had any problem at all. Would you mind expounding on the type of problem that you had?
Old 11-13-2010, 10:23 AM

madmanaenewman is on a distinguished road
Default PayPal Horror Stories

I suspect that there are many who, like the last poster, have had good dealings with PayPal. A quick google search however will show a raft of horror stories.
My first experience with them was not pleasant, but not a big deal either. I naively gave PayPal my banking information, and when I went to pay for my EBAY purchase I did not read the fine print. PayPal makes it purposefully difficult to pay by credit card as was my full intention and indeed is what I thought I had done. When you do navigate to the right place they display a warning that reads like you are about to make a horrible and dangerous error. Anyway, I screwed up and the money came from my bank account. Because I am in Canada they held the funds for 10 days. The seller was not pleased, and justifiably so to a point. However, he chose PayPal, not me, and really had only himself to blame. The delay affected me too as the item arrived after the date I needed it by.
The following is a more recent story, though still pale in significance to other stories I have heard. It does however typify the sort of service people get from that organization.
I recently purchased an item from a buyer who only accepts payments made through PayPal. I bought the item in good faith knowing that PayPal accepts VISA and indeed the seller displayed the VISA logo grouped with others under the PayPal logo.
What I was soon to learn is that PayPal will not accept credit card payments from cardholders travelling in other countries. There may be exceptions as I was unable to ascertain their exact criteria.
In fairness, both PayPal and EBAY initially questioned my purchase. I was in China and I am guessing that identity theft is frequently conducted from that country. It is how PayPal handled the situation that so typifies why that organization attracts gripes quicker than flypaper attracts flies.
What they should have done is contacted VISA. VISA would have told them that they were well aware of my whereabouts, that I travel there often, that I have often used my VISA card while in China, and that there has never been a problem with the account. They should have then apologized for the inconvenience and unfroze my account. I would then have thanked them for the steps they took to protect me.
What they did do was to make it impossible to pay online until I provided banking information. This, of course, is none of their business and I would never consider giving personal banking information to a company with PayPal's reputation. I somehow managed to navigate their website and find a phone number. The person I spoke to was rude and defensive (they clearly get a lot of complaints). She said that PayPal was no different that a backwoods gas station and could do nothing to help me. I would have to open a PayPal account in China and supply them with either my Chinese personal bank account information (again, not a chance) or a Chinese credit card (no Chinese bank would give a credit card to a traveller)! It is a strange analogy she used as gas stations around the world will accept my VISA, VISA advertises that its card is good almost anywhere in the world, and indeed this is undoubtedly a term of their merchant agreement with VISA. A merchant cannot, for example, refuse to take the credit card of a purple-skinned person because he might be a criminal, nor can they refuse to take a VISA from a traveller for that reason. In this case, especially after I contacted them, it should have been obvious that I was who I purported to be. PayPal would seem to be in breach of their contract with VISA and their agreement with the seller who relied on PayPal to accept VISA.
By refusing to accept my VISA payment they placed the seller in breach of contract. She displayed the VISA symbol as a valid method of payment, but she later refused to accept VISA. I say "she" because PayPal is her agent and sellers are responsible for the actions, including the illegal actions, of their agents.
The seller in this case had no history. She probably does not know what to think. She has no real control over PayPal and judging from her correspondence was clearly out of her depth. I felt sorry for her and certainly I never would have made the purchase had I known that PayPal would put her in that situation. I allowed her to cancel the transaction, though it was an item I really wanted and at a great price.
EBAY, by the way, handled the situation much better, but I suspect not the best. They initially gave her an email that they did not copy to me. She said they told her not to proceed with the transaction. If true, then EBAY advised someone to break a legally binding contract. Not smart. The email should merely have warned her that there might be a problem and that they were investigating it, and a copy should have been sent to me. When I contacted EBAY via their chat mechanism the employee was sympathetic, polite, professional and clearly trained to respond appropriately in such situations (the exact opposite of the PayPal employee). It is not yet resolved. I gather EBAY is attempting to verify my story. Even if the problem persists (it shouldn't), I am still not left with any bad feelings towards them. At least they were courteous and they gave the impression that they would do what they could to verify my whereabouts, and that difference is huge.
The one problem of course is that EBAY owns PayPal and practically forces its users to use PayPal exclusively. That is a recipee for disaster and the proof is in the pudding. EBAY should at least do a major shakeup at PayPal if they do not want their own name continually tarnished. At present EBAY is at risk should a viable alternative ever be presented (ie, an online aution not associated with PayPal or any other such firm). They should not tie themselves so closely to PayPal, or indeed with any company with such a poor reputation.
I am not sure what is to be learned from all of this. Sellers must be very wary of using PayPal and buyers should never give banking information to PayPal and always use their credit cards, but there is already plenty of evidence of this and advice to that effect on the net. I guess you should add to this that you should never use EBAY while travelling unless the seller takes your credit card directly. That should be no problem if the seller has a good reputation. Personally I will do all that I can to avoid using PayPal, but there will be times when I have no choice if I really want something from a vendor unaware of the dangers of using them exclusively. Sigh...what else can any of us do acting alone?
One thing I do advise. If you have first hand experience of the sort of shady practices of PayPal, or if you know someone you trust who does (do not take my word for it...you do not know me), then spread the word. If enough people are made aware of the situation then either PayPal will eventually get its act together or people will simply stop using them. Either way, buying through EBAY will be much improved.
That, at least, is my opinion.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:30 AM

forumpride is on a distinguished road
Default This is a tough one..

I heard about Alertpay but have not heard any current news. I am also trying to find out if any viable payment options exist outside of PayPal. They do get complacent and as the previous post shows there have been many horror stories! They are so big but I am surprised no other company has risen to take on the challenge. Surely there is another company that wants to do better...anybody want to step up?
Old 12-07-2010, 12:38 PM

Alicejones247 is on a distinguished road
I used paypal for a long time (had a rating of 1000+) and never once had a problem. A few customers had issues but paypal was always fair and gave me a chance to defend myself. If I was right they would give me back my money in timely fashion. Of course, with thousands of customers some would fall through the cracks and they got their money back, rightfully so. As a merchant you have to accept that sometimes you screw people, not on purpose, but like I said becuase they fall through the cracks, when this happens you have to admit it and let them have their money back to make it right.
Don't believe all the negative hype around paypal, they have made it possible for millions of people, including myself to become self sufficient.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:30 PM

eNumbered is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to eNumbered
'Have you tried eNumbered.com? They offer anonymous bank accounts and an anonymous no-name debit card'
'anonymous debit card http://eNumbered.com
Old 05-03-2012, 04:24 AM

eNumbered is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to eNumbered
Have you tried eNumbered.com? It's the best paypal alternative .. low fees and accounts NEVER freeze up'
#1 Paypal Alternative / Anonymous Bank Accounts http://eNumbered.com