» Sales
» Web Designing
» Webmasters
» SEO & Promotion
» Working At Home
» Other Articles
» Affiliate Glossary

Go Back   AffiliateSeeking Forum > Marketing > Pay Per Click Advertising

Pay Per Click Advertising Anything to do with ppc marketing. Don't annouce or advertise your own site here.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:38 AM

xy7durga is on a distinguished road
Default Does Banner advertising work?

Undoubtedly you know what banner ads are; youíve seen innumerable ones as youíve surfed across countless websites. You may have already clicked on a number of them. Banner ads take different shapes and sizes, and many forms and styles, but they share a common goal: attracting visitors!

Banner ads usually contain graphics, sometimes they are entirely text and others they use graphics and text. The main idea of a banner ad is to present an interesting idea to the surfer and have them click on it for more information, leading them to the advertiserís site.

Banner ads come in many sizes, the most popular, is a full banner (468 x 60), but all styles are used. Some people claim you should stay away from using full banner ads as they are already so common that most surfers avoid them.

Obviously placing banners that advertise your site on other websites costs money. There are several ways of paying for this type of advertising. You may pay per click on the banner; per thousand clicks; per sales to visitors directed to you, or another form.

How much banner ads work for you will depend on a variety of things. Where you place the ads, how relevant the sites hosting the ad are to your site; what your ads look like, how appealing they are; how clear they are about what you are advertising, etc.

Placing the ads on sites related to yours is vitally important, i.e. people surfing for watches will probably not be interested in an ad for parachutes.

Your ads should be attractive, preferably animated, clear and to the point. They should be advertising a specific product or service, not just the name of your site. People who click on the ad should be able to find the product or service in question with relative ease. Ideally, the ad should lead directly to it.

======================================

Durga Rao
Sr. Affiliate Recruiter
XY7.com, A Division of Rapid Response Marketing, LLC.
Direct Line: (702) 216-4008
Direct Line: (702) 631-9714 x4008
Fax: (888) 259-7355
Email: durga [at] xy7.com
AIM: xy7durga

Be sure to visit us at Affiliate Summit 2008 West in Las Vegas, Feb. 24-26, 2008 Booth #422
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-10-2008, 04:10 PM

allfun is on a distinguished road
Angry wrongly

I believe you wrongly inserted this post here. I think this should be submitted to article sites. Atlast you have not answered your question - "Does banner advertising work?"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-24-2008, 07:30 PM

sirandy is on a distinguished road
I have found that banner advertising doesn't work as well as other advertising methods.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:25 AM

tijan is on a distinguished road
Banner ads sometimes works perfectly if it is catchy, bold with strong call to action and it doesnt say it all. it works fine when it saves the last word for a curious reader to click through.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:50 PM

llqi is on a distinguished road
I believe that banner advertising is beneficial way to gain the prize.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:47 PM

Christine89 is on a distinguished road
It depends where the banner is placed and also if it's related to the content of the site.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator

DaveSpencer is on a distinguished road
Personally I agree, you answered your own question. In anycase banner advertise does work, but how successful it is depends on what niche. For example, gaming banner ads on free online game sites work far better than affiliate banner ads on affiliate type websites.

This is because you are far more likely to get a higher percentage of clicks on the gaming banner ads on the free online games site compared to the affiliates site. But as said I believe it also depends on your ads position, how well it's blended into the site, etc.

Personally I prefer banner ads on entertainment type sites and text links on most other type sites.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:20 AM

betty is on a distinguished road
I think it works as many times i have seen such advertising and they will be useful.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:56 AM

asinglelady is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the post. I know that banner ads work at some sites, but it depends on what site you place your banner at - its traffic and visitors. I did have good results from banner advertising.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:48 AM

ryankrueg is on a distinguished road
banner advertising works just as well as any other form of advertising. The key to make any advertising work is to track your results. in this case which banner / keyword combinations produce sales or leads. Tracking results and then ditching the losers is the only way to make any advertising work.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:41 AM

financialinsurance is on a distinguished road
Even G motivates publishers to take banners on their website but it is quite clear that banner advertising these days are not effective even for advertisers as well as publishers.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:01 AM

dbxin10 is on a distinguished road
I agree with you,the banner ad is the improtant for a website, idealy, it will lead to the sales~~
Old 05-13-2010, 07:04 AM

leahmc1977 is on a distinguished road
I think that not all add banners will have an important role in your business but it really depends on the banner.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:34 AM

cunghuong is on a distinguished road
Sometimes it works well if your banner is attractive and put in a nice place on the websites! It can bring traffic to your sites!
Old 06-05-2010, 12:41 PM

candiid is on a distinguished road
Banners ads do work depending on how well are they worked out i.e., should be placed in related field .
Old 11-17-2010, 02:10 PM

Alicejones247 is on a distinguished road
Exactly I agree with Candid. Before posting banner some guidelines must be followed.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:34 PM

cunghuong is on a distinguished road
It costs a lot to advertise for a banner! So you must place it at a right place so that you will have many visits!
Old 11-19-2010, 07:39 AM

crazyspider is on a distinguished road
Ya.. i agree with. you banner ad are very potential if it is properly place and design.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:46 PM

chrosymodarsan is on a distinguished road
Banner advertising sometimes works perfectly, if it is catchy, bold, with strong call to action, and it does not say everything. it works great when he saves the last word to the curious reader to click through.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:35 PM

sbglobal is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to sbglobal Send a message via Yahoo to sbglobal Send a message via Skype™ to sbglobal
Banner ads sometimes works perfectly if it is catchy