Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anything to read on website building

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anything to read on website building

    I Want to have my own website, because.... well just because lol but is there anywhere i can read up on about reasons for having a website, what to have on a website things like that, i would really like to learn about things before going and creating a website.
    Also a good site to build a free website as starters.
    Thanks

  • #2
    Why dont you start a blog with Wordpress[dot]com?
    Its an awesome community and great software work with.

    Comment


    • #3
      There are so many reasons that you could use an excuse to build a website. Digitalpoint or site point are some pretty good place to learn about building a website.
      Support Open Science

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by alpha View Post
        Why dont you start a blog with Wordpress[dot]com?
        Its an awesome community and great software work with.
        I have read alot of blogs, i also have done a blog but for me lol i'm not stupid but im not intelliegent lol either but i was asking about a website because it was eaiser for me
        This is the way i see it, a blog i would have to start one and if i wanted to i don't know add something to it or change things on it it would be harder for me than where as a website i can change things on it much easier than a blog.
        In saying that i like the ideas of blogs but i am a learner of the net and working with a website is way eaiser for me than a blog.
        But thanks for suggesting that to me.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by kingjacob View Post
          There are so many reasons that you could use an excuse to build a website. Digitalpoint or site point are some pretty good place to learn about building a website.
          Sorry Digitalpoint is that the site name where i can find out the info?,
          Thanks

          Comment


          • #6
            Before getting into online business I did freelance website work. I am a firm believer that you have to start with the basics and the basics in the web industry is HTML. I would encourage people to go from basic HTML to advanced HTML before stepping foot into CSS or PHP. Once you understand HTML, CSS is easier to understand. PHP is something totally different, but you will be able to incorporate PHP into your designs easier if you understand HTML tables first.

            Comment


            • #7
              There are a few good website building softwares and tools on the web that you can purchase and even probably get for free. But even if you did use this software, it's always a great advantage to be able to code html from using notepad or have some knowledge of it. If you can do this, then editing anything in your site becomes very easy as you will simply know what you are doing straight away and will not have to guess and make a mess up of your site.

              You will be surprised on how many people on the web have sites where some of them don't even know anything about how to write html. Now if they are your competitors, then you have an advantage against them straight away. For example, they will have to pay for someone to do any code edits which can be costly or time consuming whereas you can just go to the page with the code and do all the necessary edits yourself which is much cheaper and faster.
              Last edited by AffiliateSeeking; 05-23-2007, 06:01 PM.
              AffiliateSeeking - Bringing you some of the best affiliate programs online.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by shakiz26 View Post
                Sorry Digitalpoint is that the site name where i can find out the info?,
                Thanks
                Digitalpoint and Sitepoint are very popular webmaster forums. If youre trying to break into the webmaster business browsing through those forums is invaluable. Though sadly there are alot of webmasters who cant code to save their lives and end up using templates or paying coders. Dont make the mistake they made and not learn code with sites like w3schools and alvits handbook its too easy to learn coding.
                Support Open Science

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by shakiz26 View Post
                  I have read alot of blogs, i also have done a blog but for me lol i'm not stupid but im not intelliegent lol either but i was asking about a website because it was eaiser for me
                  This is the way i see it, a blog i would have to start one and if i wanted to i don't know add something to it or change things on it it would be harder for me than where as a website i can change things on it much easier than a blog.
                  In saying that i like the ideas of blogs but i am a learner of the net and working with a website is way eaiser for me than a blog.
                  But thanks for suggesting that to me.
                  Doing a Wordpress blog is a lot easier than starting a website, since you don't really have to understand HTML to use Wordpress. They have guides on their site that spell it out for you 100%, not to mention an active forum where you can ask any questions you have. I would seriously consider going that route first.
                  http://cancertopics.net/

                  http://meteorfreaks.com/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    From today Wordpress has even started giving away the email domain. That should make it a good option again.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Go for content management systems, there are lots of opensource CMS available at : http://opensourcecms.com/
                      CMS are good for dynamic sites with regular updated contents. Traditional html sites are getting replaced by these technologies. You can get any host who provide hosting with database.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I think w3schools.com can guide you !
                        Not only it has topics on website building but it also have topics on Programming, languages, and many other stuffs !
                        Have a look at w3schools.com !

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          There are many reasons that could be used as an excuse to build a website. Digital Point section of the site or have any good place to learn how to build a website.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            There are many reasons you could use an excuse to build a website. DigitalPoint site or from the point of a very good place to learn about building a website.
                            search

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Building a website for dummie

                              Building a website for dummie

                              Is not meant to be rude in any way, but it is meant to attract those of you, who either don`t have time, or don`t want to put a lot of effort in building a website.

                              I enjoy preparing, building and optimizing websites. Thats why you should listen to what I have to say about creating websites.......
                              testing course in Chennai | testing training chennai

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X