» Sales
» Web Designing
» Webmasters
» SEO & Promotion
» Working At Home
» Other Articles
» Affiliate Glossary

Go Back   AffiliateSeeking Forum > Marketing > Directories

Directories A discusson about directories and not sites with directories included within them. Directories include sites like DMOZ, Yahoo Directory, etc.

Old 02-21-2012, 07:35 AM
Banned

sakthi is on a distinguished road
Arrow Directory submission tips

Directory submission tips

There are some tips while submitting directory submitting:

1. Confirmation Mails ::First and foremost, the buyers think that more the confirmation mails, the better is the submission.

2. Page Rank ::Well directories have Grey bar or PR 0 or PR 1+ and this is very very important. Getting 100 High PR submissions is far better than getting 1000 PR Grey Bar/PR 0 but dont underestimate low PR directories too.

3.Types of Directories submission procedure:: Many popular directories have "submission by category", its where you tunnel down to the deepest relevant directory before you could access the submission form. Thats a tough task and most of the people would avoid it since its time consuming, though it may be an important directory.

4. Errors in Submission:: There are lots of errors that could occur during submission
Guidelines violation
Not adhering with the character limits
"Title is not unique in the parent category"
"Category full, use sub-category"
"No-Follow attribute" submission options
URL already exists. It might have been submitted in wrong category.

5. Niche Specific/Regional submission/Deeplink Submissions:: Dont under-estimate the importance of these two. If you dont have time to submit all, atleast take your own time to do niche specific submissions.

6. Bannable words::
There are some predefined words that should be avoided like replica, duplicate, illegal etc.

7. Mail Activation:: Many directories require you to click on activation links in Mail

8. Directories that is sure to approve:: How to find out? Thats difficult. But one thins can be done which I have been doing. Always search for "approved" mails and do some parsing and other techniques and find out via Mr G that which are the directories that have approved the links that submitted. So collect them and give them more importance next time.

[b].......................................

Last edited by AffiliateSeeking : 02-21-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-21-2012, 08:25 AM

Jashandeep is on a distinguished road
I am doing SEO from 2010 .But i get the value of directory submission from your post only.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-21-2012, 07:34 PM

newbanglamovie is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to newbanglamovie
I am also doing seo last 4 years but i didnot get any result from directories dubmission. i think this is totally time loss.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:40 AM

rajnish is on a distinguished road
Directory Submission is better option for long time result.so thanks for sharing tips about D.S.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:29 PM

Indiandating is on a distinguished road
Yes these are really nice tips and we must follow it to get listed our site in those directories.

India dating
Old 03-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Banned

smith3 is on a distinguished road
I am seo excutive. i Want why i am submit the directory in seo.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:16 AM

saira is on a distinguished road
Really very nice tips for directory submission.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:55 PM

seosignature is on a distinguished road
After submitting my url.I just clicked on the confirm mail.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:51 AM

nanm1 is on a distinguished road
This post is very good for those who really want to know about directory submission and who are beginners in SEO. Directory Submission is still helping in gaining some handy links. These are the perfect tips to keep in mind for getting the best advantage from directories.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:50 AM
Banned

smith3 is on a distinguished road
The post of directory is one of the most importent part of the off page SEO.
Page rank directories is best.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:59 AM

alex1900 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to alex1900
That's true, I submitted a lot, but included much, perhaps because of PR
Old 03-10-2012, 11:55 AM

sandeep552 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to sandeep552
At the time of Directory submission keep in mind
Category it suitable for your site
Information is correct
Do follow or no follow
Free or Paid
Conformation mail
All these tips helping you to desire result.
FATbit research and content team regularly contributes to fatbitwebexperts.wordpress.com and shares their industry insights with web audience. Get in touch with the celebrated web design company in India
Old 03-11-2012, 11:01 PM

wilcoxa is on a distinguished road
Havent seen anything from posting to directories but I it is still good to post to them when you start a new website
Old 03-12-2012, 08:16 AM

Tessaalfred is on a distinguished road
I like the tip number 5. It is very important and useful to submit it to niche directories. It helps to give you relevant backlinks and targeted traffic.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:24 AM

stevemartin is on a distinguished road
Tips number five is very crucial. It is very useful to submit it to related directories. It helps to give you relevant backlinks and targeted traffic.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:50 AM

lucasyesher is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to lucasyesher
That's was quite useful tips on directory submission. However It helpful to get more visitor to the website. It create a good quality of backlink through which you could get rank over search engine website.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:37 AM

joyanu is on a distinguished road
Smile haidear

If you are a webmaster, you will want your site to rank on the search engine. Before your website can rank, it must have backlinks. There are two ways to obtain backlinks including link exchange and one way link. A few years ago, link exchange was extremely effective in ranking the site. However, Google had reduced the effectiveness of link exchange after many people attempted to spam the search engine. One way link is the best because it prevents your site from leaking out any page rank points.

When submitting to directories, make sure you read the submission guidelines. It is important to submit to the lowest category that is most relevant to your site. Some directories have disabled the submit link in the homepage to prevent users from submitting to the top category. If you submit to the top category, the moderator will have to spend time moving it to the appropriate category. Most directory moderators would rather not move the site to the right category. Instead, they will just delete it from the directory. Once the site is deleted from the database, you will have lesser chance of getting approved in the directory. Therefore, you should only submit to the most relevant category. For example, if you own a Graphics tutorial site, you should submit it to Home > Computers & Internet > Graphics > Learning and Tutorials instead of Home > Computers & Internet > Graphics.

Some directories offer reciprocal for a better listing position. If you want to do reciprocal link, you should only link to reputable directory. Before performing a reciprocal link exchange, you should first check if the directory is listed in Google as well as the number of backlinks it has. It is recommended that you donít do too much reciprocal linking otherwise it will affect your ranking the search engine.

The description should vary slightly to prevent duplication problem. If possible, you can write a different version of the description for each directory. You should use the official page title as the title in the directory submission. The titles and description must describe the content on the site. You are advised not to use promotional words in the titles or description as it increase the risk of your site getting declined.

The category which you choose should not be too crowded. If it is too crowded, you can find an alternative category that has less listing. The listing page should not contain too many links. Good directory will have up to 15 links per page. Page that has too many outgoing links is referred as link farm. Having a backlink on a page that has too many outgoing links will produce zero benefits for your site.

After submitting to the directory, you will have to patiently wait for the editor to approve your site. For free submission, it will normally take 1 day to 3 months. If you purchase a paid submission, your link will be live on the directory in a short amount of time.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:48 AM

danviettravel is on a distinguished road
Directory submission is good for a long term.
If you are doing SEO for your client's website then it will not help you much in a short term!
I love directory submission as I am doing SEO for my own websites!
Old 04-02-2012, 10:50 AM

jennie23 is on a distinguished road
Nice tips. I learnt that anchor text must be targeted keywords. Change keywords after 50 submissions.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:17 AM

longdouble is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbanglamovie View Post
I am also doing seo last 4 years but i didnot get any result from directories dubmission. i think this is totally time loss.
It worked for me, of cause I did a lot of others off-page SEO methods