Getting approval from DMOZ is unpredictable!
Since DMOZ is a volunteer project and the editors take a lot of time to review sites, it can take anywhere from "minutes to a few years”.
What you can do is to ensure that your website abides DMOZ guidelines.
Tips for quick approval:
- Submit your site to the most specific category once and only once
- Submit if and only if your website has original, legal and high-quality content
- Check out for any broken/ dangling links
- Create a perfect site suggestion (short URLs, official name as the title, well-written description)
- Include complete contact information
- Do not inquire into the status of your suggestion time and again
Here’s DMOZ guidelines