Originally Posted by samanthalewis
Does it really help in increasing good traffic to a website?? Need reviews for the same folks...
PPC stands for Pay per Click. It has advantages as well as disadvantages.
- Your ad will appear on top of Google's result pages.
- You won't spend too much time to get your ads on top unlike to SEO.
- You can advertise using PPC in variety of ways such as text ad or image ad or more advance rich media ads.
- You only pay to Google when there is a click on your ad(other options are also available).
- You can easily get off your ads from Google's SERP's as soon as you stop your campaign.
- You pay per click regardless to any purchase or sale with that click.
- In PPC there is a matter of money along with several other factors such as ad quality, landing page effectiveness etc. However, you may have to bid higher than your competitor to get top on SERPs regardless to your ad quality and landing page. In these way you loose money unnecessarily.
- High competitive keywords demand more bid amount in order to remain top on SERPs.
- Text advertising is easy, while image and video advertising are complex. In these way you only have text advertising option as the most convenient. Google also restricts image and video ads to be shown on SERPs.
- Google hasn't been that much effective and accurate on reporting and data updating.