AffiliateSeeking Forum

AffiliateSeeking Forum (http://www.affiliateseeking.com/forums/)
-   CMS & Content Management (http://www.affiliateseeking.com/forums/cms-and-content-management/)
-   -   Which is best Cms?? (http://www.affiliateseeking.com/forums/cms-and-content-management/1344-which-is-best-cms.html)

neeraj23 11-01-2008 07:04 AM

Which is best Cms??

I looking for best cms software. I heard about wordpress,joomla and drupal but i am very confuse? where to go?

robertmias 11-28-2008 03:48 PM

It depends very much on what is your site about.

What are you planning to do?

Either Wordpress and Joomla are good CMS.

seomagician 11-29-2008 03:51 AM

We've had good luck with Drupal and Wordpress but it does matter what you are trying to do.

Symbyo SEM 12-04-2008 07:26 PM

Drupal was the choice of some of the best awards among its peers. Drupal won the CNET 2008 Webware awards in publishing category and also the Packt Publishing’s 2008 - Best Open Source Content Management System.

The biggest advantage of using Drupal is its highly involved and growing community of developers and contributors which keeps it going. Owning to the active Drupal community, it is very easy to find new and contributed modules, patches to bugs find in the system and subsequent documentation.

Ozwebdezigners 12-24-2008 06:33 AM

i would build your own...use the kiss idea and build up on it as you wish....thats if your a programmer...

sitedesigner 04-20-2009 05:24 PM

Site Designers

There are many reasons why you might like to edit your site content via the net, including ease of use, multiply editor for a site and even a single page as well as authorization of users. Luckily, there are several "Content Editor" on the market that come to the rescue, and in this post we will like to recommend Toko Content Editor.

jaja 06-11-2009 07:39 PM

Wordpress seems to be the most popular one. However, I use Drupal.

flyingbirds 06-15-2009 12:10 PM

Hello,

That depends on your need, if you have slow speed internet connection u can use drupal because it is light weight

other wide wordpress full fill all the needs and lots of addons and themes freely available to customize and optimized your blog

Thanks

pakidesigner 06-29-2009 10:54 AM

all cms have builiten seo...some want plugins also,
but as far as an easy cms is concrened.. nothing compares to wordpress.
its matt cutts favourite tool.

Linx 07-28-2009 03:55 PM

I agree with the previous posts that what CMS to choose is primarily depends on the purpose of your website.
Wordpress - for blogging.
Magento - perfect for online store.
eCommerce - for online store (but magento is better).
Joomla is good, suits well for corporate website, but as for me it is stupid , I hate the structure it is built on (it's my personal opinion!!!).
Drupal - excellent for corporate, personal websites, very logical with intuitive admin panel.
There are also so called website builders - web applications that allows creating, editing and maintaining powerful websites without programming skills.
For example, website builder from Site2You (site2you.com) - one of the fast and effective ways to create website in short terms.

You may try a free trial to test all its opportunities.

If you decide to use some website builder, dont waste your time on free ones. It's real shit.

Good luck!

mark spenser 08-12-2009 12:52 PM

all are best

but it depends on your requirement.
you have to decide by yourself.

stuph 08-26-2009 09:00 AM

I've recently discovered Persh (grabaperch.com). Great for those small, simple sites that just need stuff changing here and there. Stuff like Drupal and Joomla (Oh, how I hate Joomla!) are often just too complex for a straightforward site.

justin11 10-12-2009 10:27 AM

We could help you with what exactly you need if you tell us what you are trying to do.

However, I think Linx answer is a great help for consideration on which to use on your website.

jason830 10-23-2009 04:17 AM

I think wordpress is the best cms software, it is so powerful.So many plugin.

gamesrebel 10-31-2009 06:48 AM

For CMS if you want a powerful one then stick with joomla. I have seen that it has lots of features, addons and it is possible to customize it just the way you need it. But do not think that it is easy to do this with joomla as it can be very complicated at times. You will have to spend weeks learning joomla and its customization.

Anton Juan 11-25-2009 07:29 PM

WordPress seems workable for me. I'll have to try Joomla though, to compare.

Jullie 11-26-2009 02:29 PM

Creating and managing a successful website is quite easy with Content management system. CMS helps you:
  • To create and publish content
  • Update easily
  • Present content to your visitors more effectively
There are lots of free CMS tools, which you can download to your system easily. It depends which type of CMS you want for your website.
  1. Joomla
  2. Mambo
  3. Drupal
  4. phpNuke
  5. postNuke

Paul Smith 11-26-2009 05:53 PM

Same here. Joomla is a bit new to me, so I stuck with WordPress.

SmithGreen 11-27-2009 06:30 AM

Hi,

If you are planning to build a site that contains hundreds of pages, needs constant updating without needing to upload web pages to your web host, consider using a CMS.
• It helps in creating and store more than thousands of pages in the database without any updating
• The design of the site template is separate from the content. This allows you to change the design any time
• Multiple authors that wish to contribute to your CMS web site
• A content management system is a powerful tool for businesses that want to present lots of content from multiple authors and gain lots of visitors.

We use CMS tools for many of our clients.

Thanks

maryglare 11-28-2009 01:48 PM

CMS & Content management

Hi,
Can anybody please explain to me the use and importance of CMS software.I am confused that what is it?
Thanks.:(