» Marketing
» Sales
» Web Designing
» Webmasters
» SEO & Promotion
» Working At Home
» Other Articles
» Affiliate Glossary

Go Back   AffiliateSeeking Forum > Making Money Online > Contextual, CPC and CPM > Adsense

Adsense Anything about the Google Adsense program can be discussed here.

Old 11-04-2007, 12:24 PM

woosterbert is on a distinguished road
Default How do you get relevant adsense.

I have a set of sites that have a lot of different topics but the adsense on the different pages nearly always refer back to the index page which means I will have adsense for beauty products on a page about motor homes. I am sure the good people driving RVs use beauty products but it isn't really relevant. Is there a way to get the adsense to match the subject?

Bertie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-11-2008, 01:48 AM

xy7durga is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: How do you get relevant adsense

Hi Bertie,

i think it is NOT Relevant. People come to buy RVs will not concentrate on Beauty Products at that particular point of time.

Thanks,
Durga Rao V
Sr. Affiliate Recruiter
XY7.com, A Division of Rapid Response Marketing, LLC.
AIM: xy7durga
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-18-2008, 06:00 PM

chizarium is on a distinguished road
Hi Bertie - your problem is a prime example of why AdSense really only works on tightly-niched sites, or sites all about one closely related topic. This way relevant ads are shown across all your pages.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:42 AM

Webtoolkeeper is on a distinguished road
To have relevant ads, make sure your keywords are related to your products.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:32 PM

denver8 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by woosterbert View Post
I have a set of sites that have a lot of different topics but the adsense on the different pages nearly always refer back to the index page which means I will have adsense for beauty products on a page about motor homes. I am sure the good people driving RVs use beauty products but it isn't really relevant. Is there a way to get the adsense to match the subject?

Bertie
One of the more reliable ways of having relevant ads is to filter out irrelevant ads in your adsense account. Of course you will need to do this quite frequently to optimize the relevance of the ads.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:50 PM

Cormar is on a distinguished road
Inorder to get relevant ads, you could try-
1. Section Targeting - This method is to place special keywords between the most relevant content on a webpage. Google then, will use this content specificall to deliver more targeted ads.
2. Competitive URL filtering - to filter out urls from which ads are displaying in your site.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:31 PM

vannarith is on a distinguished road
to get more traffic, yu should use some auto website like autosuf...cuz it will make incredible trafffic to your site
Old 08-24-2009, 10:50 AM

lexdino is on a distinguished road
Adsense ads are served on a contextual basis which means that the ads are served in accordance with the content of each of your web pages.
Try to optimize your keywords on each page so that the Google(adsense) bots that crawls pages to determine their content will easily determine yours the next time it visits your sites.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:14 AM

CopyWii is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to CopyWii
if you have time I agree with people who say section targeting and URL filtering,however if you have a huge traffic website dont worry about relevancy, Google has best technology to give you relevant ads compare to other company.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:18 PM

danviettravel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vannarith View Post
to get more traffic, yu should use some auto website like autosuf...cuz it will make incredible trafffic to your site
Are you sure?
Could you give me a proper link? I would like to make a test!
Thanks!
Old 02-17-2010, 02:31 PM

pengerik is on a distinguished road
Keyword optimization is the way to go to get more relevant adsense ads! Sometimes it's just a matter of getting a few extra keywords into the text, and adsense will start delivering a whole new set of optimized adverts
Old 03-10-2010, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator

DaveSpencer is on a distinguished road
You get relevant ads by having your chosen keywords in your pages. Now if you have pages about affiliate programs, then that should bring up affiliate related ads as you have affiliate program type keywords in your webpage. I guess no targeted ads occur when either Adsense can't read your web pages or you don't have enough content on the page.