Internet Marketing | Bad Affiliate Programs
© AffiliateSeeking - This article is not allowed to be re-published but can be linked to.
If you're new to Internet marketing, you'll be amazed by the sheer number of affiliate programs online. Here are the top warning signs of bad affiliate programs so you will know which ones to avoid.
AFFILIATE PROGRAM WARNING SIGNS:
- Negative feedback from existing or former affiliates. Says it all.
- There is a signup fee. Why join when there are so many other affiliate programs that don't charge you for joining them? Internet marketing should be free?at first.
- Different linking methods unavailable. This means you can't choose which page on the site to link to, and/or you can't choose how to link to it (text, button, banner?). For Internet marketing to be successful, the affiliate program must be flexible.
- Poor technical support. If you write and they do not answer immediately if at all, look elsewhere online.
- Unusually high commissions. Sometimes Internet marketing is like pyramid schemes. If an affiliate program sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't.
- Low quality products. Before joining an affiliate program and recruiting others, investigate. Make sure you understand the product first. If possible, test it yourself. Be responsible in your Internet marketing venture.
- Misrepresentation. For example, say it's a free ebook. Is there really anything in the book, or just a hundred reasons to purchase another ebook?
- Delayed payments. Unfortunately, you won't find out about this until after joining (unless another person tells you). This is a lack of professionalism and experience.
- Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam? The worst thing to come out of online business.
- Lack of information. Are they transparent? What does their web site tell you about them? Are there any names, addresses, etc. online?
- 404 errors. Uh-huh.
- "How to Get Rich in 21 Days 100% Guaranteed" or other such nonsense. If that were true about Internet marketing, we wouldn't be writing this.
- Pay-Per-Click. PPC Internet marketing may work for the affiliate webmaster, but the merchant usually loses in the end. This is because even if visitors click on a link, they almost always do nothing once they get to the merchant's site. So the affiliate program will most likely be stopped or have its payment terms changed.
These are the top warning signs to keep in mind when you search for the perfect affiliate program. If you familiarize yourself with these red flags, it can save you a lot of time online. Internet marketing can be profitable, but choose wisely!
|If you want to use this article on your website, in your newsletter or anywhere else on the Internet, then you can only link to the article and not re-publish it. If you wish to link to the article, here is the html linking code:|
|<a href="http://www.affiliateseeking.com/ashow/260.html">Internet Marketing | Bad Affiliate Programs</a>||